On a narrow strip of beach in Trinidad, a mother sea turtle comes to shore to dig her nest and deposit her eggs. The odds are against the hatchlings. Wild dogs, the rising tide, and other digging sea turtles could destroy the eggs before they hatch. The remaining baby sea turtles will scramble to the water as best they can - taking their first steps on a long and dangerous journey to maturity.
- Original color photographs taken in the wild
- Simple, informative stories
- Includes a Did You Know? Section of interesting facts
- Complete with introduction, table of contents, and index for parents and teachers
- A fine introduction to nature for preschoolers and primary readers